Remember back to when we were in school learning different things and thinking that you will "never" need to use this. Parents, if you have children in school, get them to read this....
Unfortunately, my mom and dad were right. There I said it.... They were right.
I am having to use some of the stuff I learned back in school that seemed so pointless to learn at the time..... Because ***surprise**** Korea uses the metric system. YIKES!
I'm on a crash course trying to remember everything I swore I would never need. It's just crazy the amount of math I'm doing and relearning. Such as how to convert degrees Fahrenheit into Centigrade for the temperature outside to what the appropriate setting is for the oven. Yes, our oven is in centigrade, as are the AC and heating units. They give distances on the highway in meters and go kilometers-per-hour. Gas is sold by the liter - which is equating to about $5/gallon by the way. Meat, seafood, or dry goods aren't sold by the pound, it's grams.
So kids, listen up... You may need this one day. So pay attention and remember those conversions. And I'll give you a quick tip: 1 mile equals 1.6 kilometers, and 0 Celsius is 32 Fahrenheit.
And if you see my mom and dad, tell them to stop gloating....
Don't forget 1.8*F = 1*C
ReplyDelete2.54 cm/in
28.4g/oz
YES!!! Thank you!!! I'm going to make a copy of this for my chemistry students, haha!
ReplyDelete