Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh Happy Day

The season is changing again.  We've had mild weather the last few days with temps in the mid 40s.  Yes, that's mild right now because it has been bitterly cold since November.  If the weather is anything like last year, we're going to have another cold snap or two before we can proclaim that spring is here. 

The first of the pre-spring cold snaps is upon us.  We had a beautiful day and warm evening yesterday, only to wake up this morning to a cold rain and overcast skies.  We need to keep these girls busy and you can only go to the bowling alley so many times in a week. 

And then inspiration struck!  First, I broke out the rain boots and rain coats.  Yes, even I have a pair of boots too.  I had to snap a picture because it was too fun to see how different they all were.

 

We had our fun boots, our umbrellas, and our coats and splashed our way out to the car.  Then it was off to get something to keep us busy today and while Ronnie is TDY.  Oh yeah, Ronnie is going TDY next week for six weeks.  Yes, we need a busy project. 

We headed to a local haunt - Happy Quilt.  This place is a warehouse full of fun fabric.  You can spend hours in there just browsing.  I've found that it's best for me to have a project in mind then go and find the fabrics for them.  I let the girls each pick out a fabric for our project.  Sorry... it's a secret project.  We're going to share them with the cousins and they can't see their presents from Auntie ahead of time.  But I will share the fabrics:


Fun huh?  Now onto getting everything washed, pressed and organized so I can get a move on once Ronnie gets out of dodge.  The only issue is which fabric to pick first.

No comments:

Post a Comment