Sunday, September 25, 2011

Celebrating Sarah!

Another year has come and gone...   Sarah doesn't even pretend to be my baby anymore.  She politely corrects me everytime I call her my baby.

After the Barbie cake for Holly's birthday, Sarah and I started discussing her birthday party.  She settled on a rainbow cake.  According to her, she wanted one like Ms. AJ made and brought to our house, but with all the colors of the rainbow  (see AJ's cake here:  Mexican Flag Cake)  Knowing we had a PCS coming up, I pledged to do my best for her.  I googled and researched how to make one without making a layer cake.  I finally got a great idea for doing it similar to how marble cakes are done.  Then I set about the task of convincing Sarah that it didn't have to be perfect.  Eventually, when I told her how I would do it, she relented and agreed that it was going to be awesome! 

And awesome it was!   Score 1 for mom (actually, that would be 2 because I did a bang up job on Holly's cake too). 

On Sunday, we woke Sarah up to singing and hugs and kisses.  It was her special day, so we celebrated with cupcakes!!!! 


Later in the day, we had her rainbow birthday pool party.  The Osan indoor pool is such a nice place for a party - they will pull the tables together for you and all you have to do is clean up and take out the trash.  Best of all, it's free.  We splashed around, the girls showed off their swimming skills, and ate pizza and cake.  All in all, it was a wonderful party for my baby. 



Happy Birthday Sarah-lara!  We love you!!!!