Monday, July 8, 2013

The Kiss Jar

Day 244:  In my military life, I have been lucky to have other women to learn from.  There are so many things I have picked up in the 12+ years of being around them.  I've been through countless deployments, TDYs, and reunions, as I've lived through our own and theirs. I've listened, studied, and chronicled all the things these amazing women do...  Lord only knows how much I've need their tricks this time around the deployment cycle. 

I have no idea where this idea originally came from.  We've lived all over the world... and I have the world at my fingertips now.  It may have been a friend. It may have come from a coffee.  It may have been on Facebook.  Or it may have come from a complete stranger on Pinterest or one of other milspouse blogs I read.  At any rate, this right here has been our saving grace for so many things this deployment. 


Yep, Hershey Kisses....  That glass jar has been full of Hershey Kisses since Ronnie started on this journey to the sand trap back in 2011.  They are kisses from him to the girls. They get one every night before they go to bed.  They get one when they are having a bad day.  They get one when they are sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing.  Sometimes the kisses even make their way into their lunchboxes. 

 
And this picture is of the LAST BAG for this deployment.  WOO HOO!!!!!  Sarah had the honors of opening it up and filling the jar.  And we all had a "this is the LAST BAG" party in the kitchen. 

DISCLAIMER:  Of course, there is an extra bag in the pantry....  Part of me doesn't trust the Army to return him on time like they said they would.  (and all the milspouses reading this said AMEN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment