In general, we have enjoyed everything we have tried. But going out to eat is an adventure every time we go. From the massive food court in E-Mart and Home Plus to the chicken place by our house, we normally just point to what we think looks good and hope for the best. Take this for example:
You'll also notice there are a lot of small dishes around the main dinner. These were kimchis of all sorts and the leaf in the lower right hand corner of the picture is sesame leaves - taste a lot like mint.
Our second attempt at dining at an unfamiliar Korean restaurant was more successful. The family center has a night where they take you to local places and explain to you what you're
And I mentioned jellyfish above. Yes, I tried the jellyfish - it was pretty good. They had tossed it with a black bean sauce of sorts and it tasted like a chewy noodle.
All in all, I don't think we have tried anything that we flat out didn't like. Mostly it's been that it was an unexpected taste, like soy beans rather than raisins or a sweet honey filling in a waffle.
What a great and amazing experience for both of you and of course the girls! How awesome that someone will go with you and explain the food, that is cool!
ReplyDeleteThat octopus looks awesome!!
ReplyDeletemmmmm....so jealous. I've had my fill of BBQ and so-so Tex-Mex.
ReplyDelete