Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Anyone Else Hear the Rocky Theme?

The girls and I are hopping back over the pond the first week of March for a quick visit. This was a spur of the moment trip that went from maybe we'll go home to booking the tickets in less than a day. We want to check in on Robbie, Ronnie's brother, and my baby sister is turning 30!!!!! We're hoping Ronnie will be able to join us, as he's been selected to go to a school around the same time.

There are a few undeniably Jacksonville events that I miss since I left home; the Florida-Georgia game, the Light Parade, and the Kingfish Tournament to name a few. But the big thing that has always been a Holy Grail of sorts for me is the River Run.

The River Run is a 15K ran over two of Jacksonville's famous bridges and winding around the downtown area. To say it's challenging is a understatement as mile 8 is crossing the Hart bridge (or the Green bridge). Luckily, the rest of the course is pretty flat.

Well, this year's River Run coincides with my trip home and I'm going to cross it off my bucket list. I have a good base for running and get about 4 small runs in per week (2 - 3 miles). I'll be upping my training the next 6 weeks to get ready for the "Hart-break Bridge" and luckily, I have elevation and hilly terrain on my side on this side of the world.

It's a big challenge, but I'm ready to meet this one head on and cross that finish line Rocky-style! I wonder if they give a prize for "furthest traveled" runner?

No comments:

Post a Comment