Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Annyong Kyesayo

The bags are packed (well, almost...) and Grandma is reading a book to the girls... it's our last night in Florida for a while. It's been a whirlwind trip and we got to do a lot while here. Most of it was spending time with our family, but we squeezed in some good old fashioned Florida fun. Here's what we sqeezed in the last week of our visit.

We ate at Dixie Crossroads, a local favorite. The problem I have with most seafood restaurants is that they forget the ocean is just a few blocks away. The prices at Dixie Crossroads are so reasonable that you can feed a family and still have money for food the next day. I enjoyed the rock shrimp, Ronnie got his fried shrimp and we all enjoyed the corn fritters and crab bites. I'm salivating just thinking about it.....

The River Run.... Don't think there is much more that I can say about this except we'll be back!

Whitey's Fish Camp - After Dixie Crossroads, we had to go get some steamed oysters. Another local favorite that won't break the bank is Whitey's Fish Camp. It's not oyster season so the Apalachicola's were on the small side, but they were still pump and so fresh. The best part was convincing the girls we were eating boogers.

Spring Training is in full swing and the Atlanta Braves' camp is in Orlando. We took the girls to their first baseball game. I taught them well - they think the best part of watching the Braves is Chipper Jones! The first stringers made a show for the first 3 innings, and Chipper was on deck when we entered the ballpark. Of course, we also took advantage of ballpark food: hot dogs, peanuts, cotton candy, and snow cones made it into our 6 inning diet.

Rocket Launch... well, almost. We waited to watch for it, but the girls were tired so we gave up. It went off later that night and I showed them on the NASA site what we didn't see outside.

So sad that we're leaving, but home is calling us. Come see us if you get a chance, we would love to share Korea with you.

1 comment:

  1. I am catching up on your life and am sad to see our night together did make your trip review. :-(

    ReplyDelete