Week one of my half-marathon training is complete. By day five, I wanted to kill something or someone; luckily, the next day was a day of rest which is what I needed. I logged 5 miles this week, and most of it was jogging; I also logged two cross training days and one "walk" day. Not bad for week one, and it's right where it needs to be to help me condition my legs for the miles ahead. Week two will be interesting, as we have Turkey day and a trip to the East Coast ahead of us.
This week was also a week of realizations... like it is getting cold in Korea and I really don't have any cold weather running gear. I don't want to train solely on the treadmill because that will kill me on race day. I'll be shopping for some running tights and other layers this week.
Another one is there is a slight possiblity that Ronnie will finish the full marathon before I finish the half. Yes, I am that slow and he is that quick; and I'm okay with that. I've decided that since I can't compete with him on the course, what I can do is hand him his ____ in fundraising. This is the part where you can pitch in.
Whether you decide to pull for Team Chris or that other guy who calls himself my husband yet shall remain nameless, please pull for this cause. We are running for the Knights of Heroes. More specifically, we're running to honor our friend Nick (About Nick) and the countless other warriors who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. We're running to help Caleb and all the other young men who will grow up without their father to give them a place where they can grow and realize they are not alone. My goal is simple: raise $1,000, the cost to send at least one young man to camp.
For more information on the Knights of Heroes, please click here.
To donate to Team Chris, please click here. To donate to team whatchyamacalit, well, I'm not sure where that link is... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment