Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Vacation, had to get away"

Name that band (not you Kim Galus) and you get a prize.  Not really, but it's fun to say right....   

We are in the last 9 months of our tour in Korea.  Single digits.  I can't believe that it's gone by that quick, but yet here we are in 2011.  A very savvy friend of mine gave me some good advice when we found out we were coming here.  She had been assigned to Osan and said to see the sights in Korea first, then go explore Asia.  She explained that you get sucked into a time vacuum over here, and before you know it, it's time to pack up and go. 

We've done a lot on the Korean peninsula, and have maybe three more places we absolutely must go before we check Korea off the been there-done that list.  I just need to find the perfect Korean Engrish t-shirt to go along with it.

Thus it's time to start adventuring out and about in Asia.  We have trips planned for Thailand, China and Japan  Ten more weeks until we begin our grand adventure and I couldn't be more excited.  In March, we're going to spend a week in Thailand visiting Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.  Then in May, we are heading to the Wall and spending a little over two weeks in China to see Beijing, Xian, Lhasa (Tibet), Shanghai, and Hong Kong.  Finally in June, the girls and I are going to take a hop to Misawa AB in Northern Japan eventually meeting up with Ronnie in Tokyo for a few days. 

I can't wait to start collecting stamps in my passport!

No comments:

Post a Comment