1. Send a kid to camp: Holly is in enrichment school that lasts four weeks. It's designed to develop her language arts and math skills. Thus far, I'm impressed with what she's learning. I also have the girls enrolled in swimming lessons. We go once a week to an indoor swimming pool. They are focusing more on water safety, but I can tell Holly is really improving in the few lessons we've had. They keep Sarah in a life jacket (the pool is 4' deep in the shallows), but she's more excited to work with me without one on when we go do our "lessons."
2. Plan multiple outings with friends: The weather was really cooperative once or twice this week, so we headed down to Splish 'n Splash at Humphreys with a group of ladies and their children. A few weeks ago, I went ahead and bought the season passes so we can go enjoy it anytime
3. Distract them with shows: The USO and Sesame Street have a wonderful partnership and they visit bases all over the world to entertain the families. Of course, it wouldn't be a Sesame Street show without a lesson. This year's lesson was moving... talk about poignant. I teared up at what the character was saying " I have to move and leave all of my friends and go to a new school and a new house and I won't know anyone." Of course it was entertaining for the kids, but I've said my fair share of so-longs lately so it struck a cord with me. Top that off with, I was sitting by one of the ladies that welcomed me almost two years ago who was about to leave the ROK.
We also went to see Cars 2 today. We LOVED it! It was so much fun to watch with the kids and a few friends. Not to mention some fresh popcorn and a large Diet Coke all to myself. There might be something to not having to share a drink with Ronnie, hmmmm.......
4. Plan multiple things for the upcoming weeks: Like any good planner, you have to have your calendar rolling constantly.... This next week we have the 4th of July, several dinners planed.
So there you have it, lesson one of a multi-part series on how to distract your kids. Have a great week ya'll!


No comments:
Post a Comment