I have something to confess. If you haven't realized it yet.... I'm a nerd. I love to know things and watch Discovery on a daily basis. News that researchers have captured antimatter and they have ways to measure it more accurately makes me excited. As does the comic books coming to the movies, though I find that I criticise how they adapt storylines because that's NOT what happened in the comic book. I'm also a bibliophile.
I LOVE books and everything about them. So much that I want to have my own library with a rare book or 100. I even have a Library of Congress card and have read in the main reading room.
One of my favorite places to visit when I'm home is Chamblin Bookmine. It is a real gem on the westside of Jacksonville. Chamblin specializes in used books, but also has old collections and rare finds. I wander in the stacks and get lost in the different genres. If I'm not careful, hours will slip by without me noticing.
Makes you want to go and wander to see what all they have too, doesn't it? So if you find yourself in Jacksonville, and have hours to spend, go and find Chamblin. I promise you won't regret it!
No comments:
Post a Comment