Good morning from Tacoma, WA!!! We got in late Saturday night and have set up for the next couple of days in a hotel near Tacoma. In true Oliver fashion, we are already getting out and exploring our new home. While looking around to find the houses we're going to drive by, I stumbled upon a farmers market. We decided it would be a great way to get out and possibly pick up some yummy snacks for the next few days.
We found more than snacks. We bought blueberries, raspberries, and sweetheart cherries. Ronnie and I talked to a local pig farmer, who also has fresh eggs, turkeys, and other cuts of meat. And they make their own sausage! We found flowers and a bakery. We had a delicious lunch of homemade tamales accompanied by some of our fresh purchases.
Best of all, we got great information on the local co-op, other farmers markets on different days, and an invite to come out and see the farm! I can't wait to move up here!

No comments:
Post a Comment