** Every Friday, I will post a picture from our life.... enjoy! **
Getting a free cookie at Publix, Jacksonville, Florida, July 2011
One of life's simplest pleasures is getting something for absolutely free. Especially if that something is a cookie of your choice. Publix always gives a free cookie to good boys and girls if you go over and ask nicely. I introduced my girls to this small pleasure this past summer, but a funny thing happened: Holly didn't believe me. Here's the conversation:
Me: Girls, I bet if you go over to the bakery and ask for a cookie with your best manners, they'll give you one.
Sarah: SWEET!
Holly: No they won't. Why would they do that?
M: Because, Holly, they reward manners that they see in good girls and boys.
S: Yes they do Holly. And I'm getting a cookie.
H: They Do NOT have FREE cookies just for asking nicely, mom.
M: Fine, when you ask nicely for one and they give it to you, then you have to give it to me.
H: Deal! Because they don't do it.
Of course, we go up to the bakery and they give the girls free cookies. This picture was taken while Holly was saying "Mommy is right, Holly is wrong."