Sunday, August 4, 2013

Home


 
After 270 days, 9 hours, and 15 minutes (but who’s counting?) of waiting for him to come home, he did just that and stepped off the elevator at SeaTAC.  My breath was absolutely taken away when I saw him standing in front of me.  Or maybe I was finally taking a deep breath for the first time since he left.  Not a picture on the computer.  Not a white screen with instant messaging dialog on it.  No.  It was my husband, my babies’ daddy, my favorite partner in crime – and he was standing right there hugging my girls.  It took every bit of grit and determination to not fall to pieces.

Just an excerpt of something I'm writing...  I'll share more later, but he's home.  We have some serious family time scheduled for the rest of the month, but I thought that these photos needed to be shared.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment