Monday, March 14, 2011

Feeling Spring-ish

You know if I actually type this out, I'm going to jinx it...   It has been a really cold winter, and one where we've been relegated to indoor pursuits most weekends because it was plain unbearable.  But I think the worst of the winter is behind us.  Our temps are consistently above freezing on most days now, and we haven't seen frozen white stuff fall from the sky in a while.   I won't go so far as to say spring is here, but we're getting there. 

Taking advantage of the warm-up, the girls and I are playing outside while it's still light out.  And it's time to start exploring again, but more importantly to get out and run. 

We took full advantage of the weather this weekend and headed to Mulhyanggi Arboretum.  This little gem is about 20 minutes up the road and is a true slice of heaven.  We were joined by our friends the Erbs; we were stationed together in North Carolina and they just got here from Whiteman, .  

Anyhow, Chanie and I headed out with the kids in tow on Sunday afternoon to roam the grounds.  It really was a nice day out.  We brought some toys with us and got a small game of frisbee and football up with other kids that were there.  We walked the grounds and let the kids run to their hearts content.  Nothing is in bloom yet, but there are lots of buds forming on the trees.  We're about a month out from cherry and apricot blossoms, but you can tell Mother Nature is working hard already.  But mostly, we had a great time visiting with Chanie and Bodey and enjoying the quasi-spring day we had. 








No comments:

Post a Comment