Thursday, March 10, 2011

Giving Up... Giving Out... Giving In

Something I don't really discuss with others is my faith.  Religion is very personal for me, thus I'm a quiet and private believer.  The reason why I'm blogging about it is because of my "sacrifice" for the Lenten season.  I have given up high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and all of it's lab-created sugar-wanna-be cousins. 

Before I go any further, let me show you something:


Does this look like your pantry?   I found all this in mine.  All of these products have high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in it, even the seemingly healthy applesauce.  CRAZY right???   While I realize my sacrifice may seem wierd, I came to it because it's not necessarily the most "healthy" thing in the world to eat all the processed food I consume. 

My dilemma is that I'm a working mom who needs a certain level of convenience in preparing meals, but I wanted to refocus on eating healthier.  Enter Lent and a reason above all to do something: to better myself for Him.  I'll post a new thought, finding or recipe every week if you want to join me on this journey.  And maybe we can all be just a little healthier in 40 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment