Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yes We Can-Can

I'm sad to announce that neither Ronnie nor I will be running in the Seoul Marathon.  Ronnie is on TDY for the next few weeks and I just never quite recovered from being sick back in December.  And when I finally did recover, there was no amount of training that would get me ready in time.  Thus, Ronnie is running his marathon on the same day, but in Thailand (yes, that is where he is TDY - lucky dog) and I had to find something else to get back in shape and burn calories. 

Osan's Officers Spouses Club hosts a fantastic fundraiser, Wild West Night, each year.  The O-Club is turned into a saloon, complete with gambling, auctions, a country store, a jail and dancing.  To pull it off, they have to have lots and lots of volunteers.  So I signed up...   to be a dancer.  And not just any dancer, a Can-Can Dancer at that. 

The Can-Can line seems to be traditionally made up of the Ops Group spouses.  And yes, it's a true Can-Can with shaking and kicklines.  We started practicing a few weeks ago a couple of days a week for a few hours.  I was sore in places I haven't been sore in for a long time.  I bounced and kicked and did handstands and cartwheels.  More importantly, I just had fun getting to know some ladies I haven't had a chance to really talk with a lot.

Finally, our night came.  Wild West Night was held last night and it was as much fun as I had built it up to be.  We danced our hearts out and even had a little surprise for the last dance. 




I'm sure some of the videos will make their way to YouTube, and I'll post a link here when they do.

And as an added bonus, when I brushed out my hair from the ringlets, I had Jane Russell slash Silver Screen bombshell-esque hair...   

No comments:

Post a Comment