Good morning fellow healthy living folks! It's week nine now... how is everyone feeling? Last week, the focus was on more veggies. I don't know how well I did. Between being in Florida, traveling back to a sparse fridge, and then having to find fresh veggies it was a bit challenging to get it all in. I didn't find a vegetable that I haven't tried yet. Unfortunate side effect of having this week in the middle of winter, I guess. But I did try to have more salads ready to go for dinner and studied up on home canning and freezing for when summer's bounty is here.
This week's challenge is about spending some alone time with yourself. The author goes on to explain that we need our own personal downtime to decompress, recharge, and renew.
Hmmmm.... Right now, I'm a full-time grad student running a home with two active children and my husband is TDY this week. Oh, it's Girl Scout cookie time, Finals for me, and Science Fair for Holly. Already sounds like a recipe for disaster doesn't it? No Excuses!!! Here is what my plan is:
1. Call a sitter. I have a lot of homework to do and a small window in which to do it. Having a sitter just once this week will help me focus on the homework, but maybe also squeeze a me activity in while I'm out of the house.
2. Read! Did you know that Project Gutenberg has made over 38,000 books for free for your e-reader. I'm going to go browse and pick a few that I want to read or reread.
3. Bath Time. It's sad how many times I just get a quick 5 minute shower. I really miss the days of taking a long, hot, steamy shower or bath --- so long that the water turns cold. I'm going to do that at least once this week.
4. Massage. Ronnie got me a 1-hour massage gift certificate for our anniversary back in December. Have it used it yet? N-O-P-E! I am going to make that appointment this week. I don't think I'll be able to fit it in with how jam packed the schedule is but it will be for sometime in the near future.
Okay, so that's my plan.... what's yours?
Other resources:
Ideas for alone time: http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/solitude/
Why it's important: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199802/the-call-solitude
The
book we're following: http://www.amazon.com/52-Small-Changes-Healthier-ebook/dp/B0056J4ER0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325722556&sr=1-1
Jenn's
blog: http://thewoogies.blogspot.com/search/label/52%20Small%20Changes