Thursday, February 9, 2012

Taking Candy from Sarah (a PSA)

My sweet, sweet Sarah....  Isn't she just an angel baby? 



The other day Sarah was putting her jacket on to go outside when she came into my office and said, "Look mommy, a Skittle."  I said, "Oh, Sarah.  I like Skittles."  She then said, "You can have it mommy" and she gave me the Skittle.  Without thinking, I thanked her and popped it in my mouth. 

As soon as it hit my tongue, I could tell there was something on the Skittle.  Something furry, fuzzy on the Skittle.  Then, in the far nether regions of my brain there was a PRIMAL SCREAM...  and the tiniest voice whispered "You didn't give Sarah any Skittles today."   I immediately spit it out and called to Sarah. 

"Sarah, where did you get the Skittle?"

"Was it yummy mommy?"

"Uh-huh, yeah.  So umm, where did you get it?"

"I found it in my pocket mommy!"

She went skipping out the door as I immediately grabbed for anything I could to rinse my mouth out. 

So this is a warning to all of you...  not only should you not take candy from strangers, you should also not take candy from cute little girls named Sarah.