Welcome to week six... before we move forward, how did everyone do last week? I'll tell you, it was really hard to keep my needle in the positive last week. I posted another quick post "The Weaver" to help keep some perspective on it all and it seemed to work.
That is until Tuesday evening rolled around and I got even more news of illness. My grandma suffered a mini-stroke and my brother-in-law was back in the hospital. That night, I went to bed angry and sad and confused and every other word the thesaurus can pop out. Right before I fell asleep, I just asked myself "Why? Why them?" The next morning, this verse kept creeping into my mind: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).
The rest of my week, I dedicated to being grateful. Grateful that my children colored pictures for their Uncle Robbie, who they know and love. Grateful that we are now in the States and making the decision for Ronnie to fly home is much easier. Grateful that not only are we in the States, we are in Washington and 2 hours away from my grandma, who both my girls love to go visit. Grateful for having friends whose hugs linger and make you tear up thinking about them. There are so many more things to be grateful for in this world than are to be mad and pissy about. And I got the lesson I needed last week.
Okay, so week six is almost a gimme week: Take a multivitamin. Taking a multivitamin is like having a little more car insurance than what is required by law.
Like tracking, I need to do better about doing it every day. I make the girls take a vitamin every night, so I will be joining them for it. And I have the little OCD girl who can't go to bed without one, so I'll tell her to remind me that I need one too. When looking for a multivitamin, be sure to get one that doesn't have more than 100% of your daily intake. Really, it's just wasted. I've found that taking a prenatal or the good ol' Flintstone vitamins are perfect. And who doesn't love taking Flintstone Vitamins???
If you already take a multivitamin, your extra credit is to get more probiotics in your diet... either yogurt or pill form will do.
Other resources:
Choosing a multivitamin: http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/nutrition-101/choosing-a-multivitamin-00400000001551/
More vitamin information: http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/f-w03/multi.html
The book we're following: http://www.amazon.com/52-Small-Changes-Healthier-ebook/dp/B0056J4ER0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325722556&sr=1-1
Jenn's blog: http://thewoogies.blogspot.com/search/label/52%20Small%20Changes