Saturday, June 1, 2013

Going to the Lodge, Again!

The end of school has come, meaning the end of the Girl Scout year.  Sarah has officially finished her first year of Daisies and Holly is bridging to Juniors.  To celebrate, and to spend up the cookie money, both of their troops decided to head for Great Wolf Lodge.  Oh man, was it a good time! 

This year, I bunked with one of the other moms.  We had a great time just chatting the night away while our girls hung out with the troop (read not in our room -- a rarity for a single mom and a military spouse).  The next morning, I retrieved Sarah from her troop and met up with Holly's troop for lunch.  After lunch, the girls and I decided we were going to stay as long as they wanted!  We played and went down the slides.  We even got to enjoy the outdoor splash area -- a rarity for the first weekend in June in the PNW!!!




Finally, the girls were getting whiny and it was supper time.  We decided to head for the house and get in our jammies for the night.