Monday, June 24, 2013

Growing Up

I've looked back through my posts, and one theme is consistent....  I am amazed at what my girls are doing/can do now that they are older.  It's crazy to think that it was just four years ago when I wrote my first post.  Four years!  That makes a huge difference when you're talking kids and what they are doing. 

Case in point -- Holly was just about to go off to Kindergarten.  Now, she's about to enter Fourth grade.  Sarah was just a baby-faced toddler.  Now, she's finished Kindergarten and is READING!!! 

Part of growing up is being able to go off and explore the world by yourself, right?  A few months back, I got an email about Operation Purple and a camp they were offering for military children who have a parent deployed.  And Holly qualified.  I struggled with filling out the paperwork.  How is my baby big enough for this?  Ronnie patiently reassured me that she was ready and this was the right camp.  So, I filled it out.  And guess what, she was accepted. 

I dropped her off at camp yesterday. I left my baby  *SOB!!!!   Boy, do I miss her!  But Sarah and I have plans to keep us busy this week.  And I can't wait until I pick her up on Friday and hear all about her week away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment