I decided that we would go up, around, and over the mountains. Might as well right? Originally, we were going to go up to visit Grandma Audrey, then around to Leavenworth before heading to Ellensburg. Unfortunately, Grandma contracted some sort of super bug and had been put on quarters. But, I decided to go on ahead with my plan anyhow. I mean, really, Leavenworth is worth the visit!!!
The girls and I headed out for Leavenworth Saturday morning. When everyone said it is the cutest place ever, they weren't lying. Leavenworth was refashioned into a Bavarian town in the 60s. And everything has that theme, right down to the Safeway. We checked into our little hotel -- seriously, cute!!! and then headed out to get the lay of the town.
After wandering and shopping some more, we settled into our room for a good night's rest. The next morning, we joined our hosts for a homemade breakfast. Fresh breads, soft boiled eggs, homemade granola, and yogurt. YUM!!! We got our fill and then headed out for a hike along the river.
The trail was empty! We strolled along the well worn paths, enjoying nature and each other's company. The girls were in rare form and took a lot of pictures for me... or maybe it was for Ronnie. At any rate, we stopped and got a few shots along the way. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the hotel, check out, and find something for lunch before getting on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment