As I reported last month, I've signed up for the Biggest Loser challenge on base. It's been kind of nice that someone is holding me accountable for my workouts. We even have a great team name - the Fat Ass-Am Draggins (if you don't get it, see the PILSUNG! post).
We had our first team challenge this week and it consisted of lunges, squats and mountain climbers. Well, I didn't win. Unfortunately, I was "racing" when I should have focused on form, because form determined the winner. My heart rate was too high, and slowing down to a near crawl didn't bring it down, so I ran out of gas for the overtime exercises. But it was great to participate in and see that my training held up.
We're also eating healthier around here. Not that we ate a lot of crap to begin with, but we're focusing on eating a balanced meal for each meal. Enter my new cookbook "Glorious One-Pot Meals" and the beautiful red Le Creuset Dutch Oven my husband bought me for Christmas. This was our dinner the other night, and I thought I would share as it was a HIT! Of course, if there are any peanut allergies in the family, steer clear. But seriously, the rice becomes peanut butter rice - DELISH!
http://www.gloriouspotmeal.com/recipes/index.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment