Going to theme parks is a lot of fun, but also really frustrating. The girls are different heights, so there are some rides that Sarah can't go on, but Holly can. Leaving us with a 3 year old who insists that she's a big girl, not a baby. You can see where I'm headed with this situation if you've ever had that child.
But not anymore - we have now entered the realm of we don't have to ride with them! By some miracle, Sarah has magically grown 5 cm in 3 months. We didn't realize this until we went back to the sledding hill where Sarah was measured last time and they let her through to the "big" hill. I read the sign this time and we figured out that she was hitting that 100cm mark finally. Really, we think it's a combination of her shoes and her hat, but we'll take what we can get.
We tested our theory with the Merlin's Magic Carpet ride. The girl working the ride took out the stick and even had Sarah take her hat off and - TADAA!!!! she was "tall enough." Sarah was so excited; unfortunately I didn't get my camera out in time to video the cheer she gave out. But she jumped in the air, waved her arms and said, "Hurray, I'm big enough. I can ride with Holly now!" It was a good ride for her too - kind of like a pirate ship back and forth, but it spins too, goes fast enough that you know you're moving, but not too fast that it's scary.
Then, we let the girls loose on the Flash Pang Pang and the Pirate Ride to ride by themselves. I'll tell ya', this watching from the side thing is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment