Monday, January 16, 2012

52-Week Challenge: Two For The Show

We are now two weeks into the 52 week challenge...  How did everyone do with the sleeping change last week?  I must admit it was hard for me to do every night.  Ronnie was in the field last week and the dish fairy seems to have lost my address, as has the laundry fairy and the clean the house fairy.  But I did my best and got as much sleep as I could most nights.  I do have to say, I felt better for doing it. 

Week three's change is something more overt:  move more.  The author goes on to explain that this is not a get to the gym more often challenge.  It is a move your body more throughout the day kind of thing.  Some examples she gives is to talk on the phone standing up, fold laundry while watching TV, park far out in the parking lots, and take a walk daily. 

Well, I'm kind of stuck on this challenge.  We have gotten several inches of snow the last few days, so walking/parking a far distance is out until the ice clears.  But I have decided to:  be less efficient and run individual things up the stairs when I see them.  I will also go and grab things that are upstairs myself rather than sending one of the girls to get it.   I have also decided to try out my exercise/stability ball as a chair for my classtime this week.  There is some evidence that you burn more calories by sitting this way...  though by just doing it now, I can already see and feel that my posture is better. 

So what way are you going to find to move more throughout the day?  I would love to hear about it!


Other resources:

The book we're following: http://www.amazon.com/52-Small-Changes-Healthier-ebook/dp/B0056J4ER0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1325722556&sr=1-1

Jenn's blog: http://thewoogies.blogspot.com/search/label/52%20Small%20Changes

Exercise/stability ball info:  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/health/21really.html

28 ways to move more:  http://www.glucocardyouchoose.com/public/pdfs/28WaysToMoveMore.pdf